Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Eight Music Videos featuring Confetti

1. Rhye - "Open" 2013  *She's pretty great, I've wanted to share this video for weeks but I couldn't find more confetti videos. I found this via @DJHyphen, thanks.



2. Ethel Cee and Dumhi - "Coke And Yoga" 2012  *Seems like a weird combo, but I love this beat. I couldn't figure out if she was serious until I read this on her video info: (an excerpt)

"I remember hearing descriptions of some of L.A.'s residents. You could meet someone with fake tits, fake lips and a fake ass but they are vegan or on some kind of macrobiotic diet. I found this to be equal parts hilarious and intriguing. So when I say 'Hey L.A.' in the hook, I am basically saying hello to the only group of people I thought could understand how two things so diametrically opposed could exist in the same life.

I felt like L.A was where I probably belonged. They would get it. They wouldn't judge. It described me perfectly. I mean, what kind of person does coke and then gets up and goes to yoga class the next day? Who DOES that shit? Hot mess.

Both cocaine and yoga came into my life about the same time. I still do yoga. The coke had to go. I liked it way too much and I didn't want to go down the road of addiction. I've seen firsthand what that looks like and It. Is. Ugly. So I stopped cold turkey while I was still in control. Yay, me."

-Ethel Cee



3. Gossip - "Heavy Cross" 2009  *It is so great that someone from my high school got to make music with Rick Rubin.



4. EMF - "Unbelievable" 1991  *For me this video is all about the Vision Street Wear shirt.



5. Drake - "Started From The Bottom" 2013  *I don't love this song at all but Drake is so damn likable, maybe it's the drugstore uniform.



6.  Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Zero" 2009  *She is fierce, she isn't even from Seattle and she walks in the rain without a hood or an umbrella.



7. Allen Stone - "Celebrate Tonight" 2013  *I'm not really into this song but I figure that many others may like it.



8. Alt-J (∆) - "Something Good" 2012  *This video is low-key gruesome because it is happening in slow motion. I didn't even notice the confetti the first time I watched it; I was too absorbed with the whole rose falling and turning into liquid when it hits the ground thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment