Saturday, February 27, 2016

Specs Wizard - "Golden Eagle EP"

My favorites on the long-awaited new Specs Wizard "Golden Eagle EP" are "Shy" and "Golden Eagle." I'd really love to see Specs go for the gold and complete a music video or two for this project and to overall step into prolific artist mode. Shout out to Adam and Tyler Swan at Sauco who get the Engineering and Mixing credits on the EP as well as Adam Straney on the Mastering. Album photo by Astro King Phoenix from our field trip Deception Pass with Wolf Delux last year.

I cannot wait to see what Specs does next. If he can harness his momentum and put in the work, he'll be able to make the mark on the music and art communities we've known he was meant to for decades.



Specs can be found March 11 at Vermillion for The Jam All Stars Edition featuring Silas Blak, Tulsi, and the rest of the official Jam crew, AbsoluteMadman, and DJ Able Fader. The Jam unites all of the best people in the oasis of cool that is Vermillion.



















Specs recently headlined the 2016 Kickoff of Home Slice on the Showroom stage of The Crocodile with Silas Blak, Meteor Killers, Sir Withers, and DJ Able Fader. Thanks to Adam, my General Manager at The Croc, I was able to pay Specs to paint this mural on the 2nd Avenue wall as promotion for the show. The mural is gone now but will live on digitally. As with every month's Home Slice, I curated the event so that all of my favorite people would be there. Felt 100% at the end of the night because I got props from Vitamin D. Success!






No comments:

Post a Comment