Sunday, January 15, 2017

Ten Great Live Performance Videos Part IV

Here's a YouTube playlist of 40+ great live performances; the list is always growing. #YouTubeNchill




1. Radiohead - "Present Tense: Jonny, Thom & a CR78" 2016  So good it makes your heart feel funny in the first thirty seconds. Thom Yorke and the rest of Radiohead are a gift to this universe. I often have those Radiohead Kind Of Days and I made a playlist for it...it's always evolving.




2. Silas Blak - "Cops On My Back" (Live Shots) 2015  SEATTLE MUSIC  I have so much love for Silas Blak, his entire Cabin Games crew, and the mega-talented DJ Able Fader. I had the pleasure of attending his Birthday Show at The Rendezvous in Seattle, WA a few days ago and it was perfect.






3. Sevdaliza - "Amandine Insensible" 2016  Some people are oozing with so much talent, style, and passion that all they need is a microphone to blow my mind. Much can be learned about Sevdaliza from this interview Fact Magazine did with her back in 2015.




4. Paris Alexa - "Cashitis" @ EMP SoundOff! 2016  SEATTLE MUSIC  Paris Alexa is truly one of the best performers I've seen in a long time. She's gonna take over the world. Andrew SavoieDJ Able Fader AKA Ben Dixon, and myself will always be proud that Paris Alexa was one of the artists featured in our Home Slice series in The Crocodile Back Bar.




5. Homeboy Sandman - "God" (Dungeon Sessions) 2016  All thoughts about religions and gods aside, the spirit of Homeboy Sandman shines through brilliantly in this Dungeon Session. Simple video series like this are a much needed element in the music community. Shoutout to RossAngeles for creating the series.




6. COSMOS - "Living Proof" Sound Off! 2016 SEATTLE MUSIC  The Sound Off! series at MoPOP (formerly EMP) does an incredible job showcasing the young talent in Seattle. COSMOS won the 2016 round and have nailed every single performance I've seen.




7. Dec 99th (Yasiin Bey + Ferrari Sheppard) - "Seaside Panic Room/N.A.W. Medley" 2016  This performance isn't that enjoyable but it's a much watch for anyone who's been following the amazing journey of Mos Def/Yasiin Bey. Their self-titled album was released on Tidal, which is a bummer because I have yet to embrace the music platform. Spotify, Soundcloud, and YouTube are still the Queens of the industry in my humble opinion.




8. Katie Kuffel - "Fault Lines (NPR Tiny Desk Submission)" 2016  SEATTLE MUSIC  When Katie Kuffel takes the stage, she takes the breath away of everyone in the room. I had the extreme pleasure of booking her at The Crocodile Back Bar a couple times and still can't believe the world has yet to catch on...I know they will. Since I know you'll want to hear more, her YouTube channel is the place to look.




9. Anderson.Paak + The Free Nationals "SXSW 2016: NPR Music Front Row" 2016 Anderson.Paak ruled 2016 so hard...still haven't seen him live but I know it'll be worth the wait (I showed up late when he opened for Wax at The Crocodile in 2013) and was working across the festival when he played Bumbershoot. Anderson.Paak's "Malibu" album is my pick for the Number One Album of 2016.




10. Bootsy's Rubber Band - I'd Rather Be With You (Live 1976)  Bootsy is gonna take you there.


1 comment: