Monday, December 24, 2012

Obligatory Favorite Albums of 2012 Post

In no particular order, my 4 favorite albums of 2012 were:

The XX - Coexist


I can listen to this album on repeat for hours on end, the entire album is incredible. Further proof of their genius can be seen in their KEXP studio performance.



Grimes - Visions



Her KEXP performance and her show at Neumos made me appreciate her even more. After initially being drawn in by Genesis and Oblivion, my favorite became Be A Body.



Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city

Product Image

In an album full of gems, I overplayed The Art of Peer Pressure the most. When I got this cd I had to go on a road trip so I could listen to it a few times without interruption.


Kingdom Crumbs - Kingdom Crumbs  (SEATTLE)



These guys are making some of the most exciting music coming out of the city right now, they have great energy onstage and are constantly improving as artists. I enjoy Pick Both Sides Of My Brain and Red Cups the most, however, the album as a whole is worth paying full price for. You can find the album HERE. The video for Evoking Spirits is very well done and I look forward to hearing what these guys do next.


* Honorable Mention goes to Macklemore and Ryan Lewis - The Heist. Even though I don't enjoy listening to the album that much, I do appreciate what they have done for the city of Seattle and the music industry in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment