Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ten Music Videos featuring Bathtub Scenes

1. George Michael - "Freedom 90" 1990  *This is some iconic bathtub scene shit. The video also qualifies for Music Videos featuring Supermodels.



2. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Featuring Fences - "Otherside Remix" 2001  *I have a hard time driving by the lake just past Snoqualmie ski resort on I-90 without mentioning this video. I am totally into lakes with tree stumps in them. Macklemore deserves to be famous (for much more than the stumps).



3. Atmosphere - "Shoulda Known" 2008  *This video leaves me with that "I'm not sure how much I really like Atmosphere" feeling. Plus, it's weird watching people freak out on drugs.



4. The Cars - "You Might Think" 1984  *This is one of the most memorable 1980s videos. I like when the band is floating on the soap in the bathtub, however, Ric Ocasek's invasive bathtub actions could probably be classified as stalking in 2013.



5. Fiona Apple - "Criminal" 1997  *It's funny that this is a song called "Criminal" and that the second scene is of a stuffed animal. Maybe its there to remind us that she was barely legal when this video was shot.



6. Beach House - "Wild" 2012  *Warning, this is not a sexy bathtub scene.



7. Morrissey - "Suedehead" 1988  *Morrissey does intellectual stuff when he is in the bathtub.



8. Toro Y Moi - "So Many Details" 2012  *One can't help but wonder if this is an ironic turtleneck scene or if he is actually into turtlenecks. I love this guy yet I slacked on buying tickets for his sold out February 27 show at the Crocodile.



9. The B52's - Love Shack" 1989  *There is a lot of quirky stuff going on in this video but the bathtub scene is around 1:55. I always thought this video had a Flintstones thing going.



10. Radiohead - "Just" 1995  *Dang, this guys bath made him really depressed.

1 comment: