Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Ten More House Party Music Videos

1. GoldLink - "Sober Thoughts" 2015  This Kaytranada produced song is straight fire. My team at ReignCity got to curate a show with Red Bull Sound Select and we scored Goldlink with Porter Ray and Dave B at Barboza on August 5th; wicked.





2. Angus + Julia Stone - "A Heartbreak" 2014  This well lit and cray house party video is one of my most overplayed songs of all time.





3. Cheddar Dust - "Live Raw Dope Phat" 2013 (SEATTLE MUSIC) Wizdumb and Madshroom's (of Black Magic Noize/FFU) short-lived side project. I'd love to hear more of them as a duo.




4. Schoolboy Q - "Hell Of A Night" 2014  Seattle's own Lace Cadence and Parker Joe cameo this video reminiscent of "Earl" but with a more powerful drugshake.




5. Nite Jewel - "One Second Of Love" 2012  I found this on Grimes' Tumblr, it's perfectly Grime-y.




6. ScienZe + King I Divine - "Enjoy Tonight" 2012  Good ol' red cups. My favorite ScienZe project remains to be "Happiness Is."




7. Beastie Boys - "(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)" 1986  This no-brainer may be the King Of House Party Videos.




8. Quincy Vidal - "Pillow" 2014  Can't decide if I like this Brooklyn artist, the party looks fun though.




9. Seinabo Sey - "Hard Time" 2014  The Swedes are killing it. I had to work the night of her recent show at the Showbox Sodo Lounge, low key tragedy. It would have been better at The Crocodile anyway.




10. Glenn - "Cannonblaster" 2015  (TACOMA MUSIC) I wish ILLFIGHTYOU played in Seattle more.





The original Ten House Party Music Videos can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment