Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Ten Music Video featuring Vinyl

1. Gensu Dean feat. Large Professor - "Forever" 2013  That is a stellar stack of records. Hip Hop education training video taught by Large Professor.





2. DJ Krush feat. Esthero - "Final Home" 1999  DJ Krush remains to be one of my (many) favorite artists. Code 4109 is my shit.




3. 14KT - "Blessed" 2012  So many of these Mello Music Group songs/artists are almost there, but,  not there yet. I'm still listening because I know they are on the right track.




4. Sandpeople - "Roll Call" 2007  Some Portland shit. I would love to know the name of this record store and if it's still open because I'm all over it.




5. Akua Naru - "The Backflip" (prod. by Drumkidz + Christian Nink) - 2010  Akua Naru is about traveling around the world, fusing her own style of hip hop with the music she finds along her way; that's fucking awesome.




6. Araless - "Attention" 2014 (SEATTLE MUSIC) Produced by Goldenbeets. Keep an eye out for Araless and the rest of Filthy Fingers United, I will be sure to keep you posted.




7. Statik Selektah feat. Joey Bada$$ + Freddie Gibbs - "Carry On" 2014  The casual yet orchestrated entrance of Joey Bada$$ and Freddie Gibbs reminds me of Kendrick's entrance in "Nosetalgia" (at 1:30) with Pusha T. I love that shit.




8. Showbiz + A.G. - "Soul Clap" 1992  Fat Joe be like, "can I get a Soul Clap?"




9. Slimkid3 + DJ Nu-Mark - "Bom Bom Fiya" 2014  These guys have been making great music for more than 20 years, the pattern continues.




10. Def Dee feat. El Da Sensei - "Yeah" 2014  Def Dee pays homage to vinyl in the latest video from his new release, "Deja Vu."

No comments:

Post a Comment