Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Ten Smoky Music Videos

1. Slimkid3 + DJ Nu-Mark - "I Know, Didn't I" 2014  This instantly became one of my new favorite songs, their new self-titled album was released on Delicious Vinyl today.




2. The Jets - "You Got It All" 1986  I finally forgave my sisters for cutting up the cover art from my Jets tape to use as a Barbie poster. It's initiation of dream sequence smoke.




3. Nemo Achida - "Big Lights, Deep Shades" 2011  I have yet to love any other Nemo Achida song.




4. Method Man and Redman - "How High" 1995  This is from The Show Soundtrack, not the great movie with the same name. My team at ReignCity has a Method Man + Redman show at The Showbox on November 3.




5. Cypress Hill feat Method Man and Redman - "Cisco Kid" 2001  This one IS from the great movie How High starring Method Man and Redman. B-Real of Cypress Hill will also be at the Method Man + Redman show at The Showbox.




6. Taco - "Puttin' On The Ritz" 1982  Seems crazy that someone would put Blackface in their video in the eighties, this is the original uncensored version that still contains the ugly stuff. Great song though.




7. Raury - "God's Whisper" 2014  Fun with smoke bombs, this is yet another Pigeons + Planes find.




8. Harry Clean feat. Dave B, JusMoni, YK Ari- "For The Love" 2014  (SEATTLE MUSIC)  I like the short film style of this one by Seattle's Detooz Films, they are constantly progressing, which is awesome. Plus, there's Barney and 2Pac.




9. Ron Contour + Factor - "Wondrous Things" 2012  The smoke is for the bees man, this video is very "Smashing Pumpkins - 1979."




10. Pyramid Vritra - "Eleven12" 2014  One of the latest Stones Throw finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment