Saturday, October 25, 2014

Ten Great Songs From The Depths Of My Soundcloud Account

Props to Soundcloud and all they have done for the music community so far. I couldn't just let these songs lie dormant, I had to share them. For a good time follow 206liz on Soundcloud (me). The Soundcloud app is one of my all time favorite inventions.

1. Bipolar Sunshine feat Goldlink - "Future Part 1" 2014  The beat drop at 51 seconds is what dreams are made of. I think I found this by following Oakland's Hot Record Société.




2. King Ara - "Who The Fuck You Talkin' To?" 2013  It amazes me that this song never blew up, which is pretty much how I feel about every song on this list. This is the only song on his Soundcloud account so far.




3. Reva DeVito - "Friday Night" 2014 (Produced by Kaytranada)  If I was into Fridays and all that it represents to 9-5ers, I would play this song on Fridays. Instead, I get to listen to it whenever.




4. Porter Ray - "Blackcherry" 2014 (SEATTLE MUSIC) New Sub Pop signee and Ish protege Porter Ray is poised for greatness. I actually listened to the entire Fundamentals album repeatedly, it's that good.




5. De La Soul - "Dilla Plugged In" 2014  (Produced by J Dilla)  I would have loved to see a tour for this album.





6. BJ The Chicago Kid + Add-2 - "15 Minutes Of Fame" 2014  (Produced by 9th Wonder)  Instant classic status.




7. Daughter - "Youth (BUDO Remix)" 2014  Budo is one of those producers who can make a great song even better.




8. MED, Blu, Mayer Hawthorne, + Madlib - "The Buzz" 2013  I'm still working on becoming the Peanut Butter Wolf of Seattle so that I can help make songs like this happen. I may fangirl out a little when it comes to my love for Stones Throw.




9. Maryam Saleh - "Nouh Al Hamam" 2013  (Produced by Oddisee)  Multi-genre music fusion is the best, especially when it's for a great cause. For more info about this project, check out the album on Bandcamp.




10. EarDr.Umz - "Live @ Stop Biting 7.8.14" 2014 (SEATTLE MUSIC) I could listen to this on repeat for hours, actually I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment