Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Ten Music Videos with Bubbles

HERE is a YouTube playlist of all 10 videos with bubbles.


1. TLC - "Hat 2 Da Back" 1992  This song is timeless, the Kris Kross cameo makes it more obviously 1992. RIP Left Eye and Chris Kelly.




2. Tony Cook feat. Dam Funk - "What's On Your Mind?" 2012  I like the bubble that says "This Song Is Bangin!" I should make one for my apartment. This video could have been in the Partially Animated category alongside Jaylib, Paula Abdul, Homeboy Sandman, Gorillaz, and six more.




3. Arctic Monkeys - "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High" 2013  I don't really love this, but I don't hate it. This is the first time I've felt anything for an Arctic Monkeys song.




4. Hopie feat. Moe Green - "String Em Up" 2012  I kinda love this. Hopie appeared on my site before in her video for "Space Case" with Del The Funky Homosapien in the Spacesuit category.




5. Kyla La Grange - "Cut Your Teeth" 2014  *All the black light business kinda cheapens and distracts you from the greatness of the song.




6. Boys Don't Cry - "I Wanna Be A Cowboy" 1986  I think this one gets the Best Use Of A Bubble award.




7. Ibeyi - "River" 2014  *Props to them for having the most difficult to film video concept. The Queens of Underwater Scenes.




8. Hail Mary Mallon - (Aesop Rock + Rob Sonic) - "Jonathan" 2014  This one's all about DJ Zone, the "Card Magician." I couldn't be more stoked for our (ReignCity) Hail Mary Mallon show in Bellingham on January 23 with Homeboy Sandman.




9. Ekkah - "Last Chance To Dance" 2014  Couldn't decide if I hated it or loved it, which just made me listen to it more to figure it out.  I decided I love it. They have a skull disco ball and everything.




10. TLC - "What About Your Friends" 1992  They were big on thought bubbles in the Ooooooohhh... On the TLC Tip era. I was Left Eye for Halloween this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment