Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ten Music Videos With Space Suits Or Haz-Mat Suits

1. Lootpack - "Whenimondamic" 1999  Madlib, Wildchild, and DJ Romes are/were the members of Lootpack. I love that they are wearing space suits in a desert that looks like Joshua Tree. This album is awesome.







2. Dark Time Sunshine - "Sleestack Payback and All Aboard" 2010  This is the video that made me want to start this category. Zavala and Onry make a great team.




3. Daft Punk - "Around The World" 1997  Of course Daft Punk has to be on this list. I haven't liked much of their music since their first album Homework but millions of others have.




4. The Postal Service - "Such Great Heights" 2003  I first heard this song in a snowboard movie called Lame. I don't like much other Postal Service music but this song is great.




5. Common feat. Lily Allen - "Drivin' Me Wild" 2007  Common pairs nicely with almost any female artist. Lily Allen is cool.




6. Eric B and Rakim - "I Know You Got Soul" 1987  This song samples the Jackson 5 (among others) and the video uses a bunch of old footage including real astronauts in space suits.




7. Jin - "Shoot For The Moon" 2011  I really dislike this song but I shoot for the moon myself so I can relate to this dude. Jin's song "Top 5 Dead Or Alive" is my shit though; it's on a list of videos filmed in record stores.




8. Salt 'N Pepa - "Ain't Nuthin' But A She Thing" 1995  These ladies are definitely cool.



9. Hopie feat. Del The Funky Homosapien - "Space Case" 2011  This video is definitely worth watching, if only to see Del working with a female artist. The video also contains pajamas and floating stuff.




10. Strange U - "Klaatu Barada Nikto" 2013  (UK HIP HOP)  This is the alter ego/next level of Kashmere the Iguana Man, who I found by listening to other UK Hip Hop on Spotify. I still like "Permission To Board" (click on Kashmere the Iguana Man on right side) more but it is cool that he is progressing and changing his style, because why not. That reminds me of a facebook quote about how life is like riding a bicycle; if you're not moving forward you fall over.


No comments:

Post a Comment