Friday, April 26, 2013

Ten Music Videos featuring Carnival Scenes

1. Aesop Rock - "Homemade Mummy" 2012  *I really don't like this song that much, however, I love this video because you can see Aesop Rock smiling.



2. Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Soul To Squeeze" 1993  *From the Coneheads soundtrack. This is one of my favorite RHCP songs because I was never into their earlier funky punky stuff.




3. Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam - "Lost In Emotion" 1987  *Full-on eighties carnival action.




4. Gang Starr feat. Nice and Smooth - "Dwyck" 1994  *Atlantic City is not a carnival, but, there is a ferris wheel.



5.  Huey Lewis and the News - "If This Is It" 1984  *I wonder if "The News" resented Huey because he didn't have to get buried in the sand.



6. Bruce Springsteen - "Tunnel Of Love" 1987  *He rhymes blouse with farmhouse. It totally works.



7. The Internet - "Cocaine" 2011  *I love that she is making music but cocaine is an ugly drug.



8. Stones Throw Singers feat. Peanut Butter Wolf - "Rain Of Earth" 2006  *I deeply appreciate Peanut Butter Wolf for his many talents and contributions. Singing is not one of the talents I am referring to.



9. Joan Osborne - "One Of Us" 1995  *Definitely NOT cool, but, it was probably scandalous when it came out (which can be cool).



10. Outkast - "The Whole World" 2001  *Not surprising that Outkast would have a carnival video.

No comments:

Post a Comment