Sunday, April 14, 2013

Ten Music Videos featuring Dolls

1. Tyler, The Creator - "VCR" 2010  *This is exactly what one should expect Tyler would do with a doll.



2. Strange U - "Plastique" 2011  (UK HIP HOP)  *Whoa, this video is awesome. The song is about how everything is made of plastic now, even people.



3. Hole - "Doll Parts" 1994  *I liked Courtney Love so much more when she looked like herself. This song and most of the Live Through This album are still great.

BEFORE:

AFTER:



4. Mariah Carey feat. Nicki Minaj - "Up Out My Face" 2010  *I'm pretty embarrassed that I like this song. When I first heard this Nicki was still a novelty, I had not heard her ridiculous (in a bad way) Pink Friday album that came as a huge disappointment after some of her collaborations in which her verses outshone the main artist. My affection for Nicki is in the past.



5. Madvillain - "Strange Ways" (Song 2004 / Video 2011)  *This is from the 2011 Stones Throw video contest, I love the mini records in the mini studio.



6. Mayer Hawthorne - "One Track Mind" 2010  *This video is very much like the 2007 Ryan Gosling movie Lars and the Real Girl.



7. inc. - "Black Wings" 2013  *The guy who is singing sounds like Brett from Flight of the Conchords, but, this guy is serious. To be clear, I think the Flight of the Conchords guys are hilarious. Apart from the weird vocal style, I think the rest of this song is pretty interesting. This video also has chains, fire, chickens, a goat, and a close-up of a horse's nose.



8. Jane's Addiction - "Classic Girl" 1990  *This video seems like drugs.



9. Esthero - "Never Gonna Let You Go" 2012  *I thought Esthero was cool because of the song she did with DJ Krush called "Final Home",  (I don't think the linked video is the official music video but still great) this song is not nearly as cool as that song. I probably wouldn't ever listen to this song again, but, it is better than a lot of other music.



10. Lyrics Born - "I Like It, I Love It" 2008  *I feel like this could have a record setting number of costume changes for an underground Hip Hop video. Lyrics Born and the rest of the Quannum crew put on a great show. I don't find myself listening to their music that much anymore, but I still think they are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment