Saturday, April 27, 2013

Bombay The Hard Way


This is a project instigated by Dan The Automator in which he remixes the music from Kalyanji and Anandji who make soundtracks for Bollywood movies (among other things I'm sure). Bombay The Hard Way (1998) is the first part of this project. DJ Shadow played a small part in this project also (small drum sample). My favorite song from this album is "Punjabis, Pimps, and Players" which is difficult to find on YouTube. My second favorite is "Satchidananda".


and third favorite is "My Guru".



The second album in this two-album series is called Bombay 2:Electric Vindaloo (2001). I just found this on vinyl a few weeks ago and have been overplaying "Third World Lover" which is by Kid Koala and Dynomite D.

 


*These two records are some of my most prized possessions (along with all of my other vinyl and my car). Dan The Automator is one of my favorite musicians. You can link to some of his other music on the right side of the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment