Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ten Music Videos featuring Bridges

1.Jehst - "Starting Over" 2011  *I watch around 20 UK Hip Hop videos before I find one that is good enough to post. I watched this video 7 times before I was sure I liked it, now I love it. He has been making music since the late nineties and, I would imagine, has a large following in the UK. His 2002 song "High Plains Drifter" can be found by clicking on Jehst on the right side of the blog.




2. MC Lyte - "Ruffneck" 1993  *I don't think ladies are looking for ruffnecks anymore, however, good man skills (like building fires, fixing cars, keeping a job) are a plus.




3. Phonte feat. Evidence and Big K.R.I.T. - "The Life Of Kings" 2012  *Rapping moms can be cool, this is one of those times.




4. Jake One feat. Freeway and Brother Ali - "The Truth" 2008  *This video also has clocks, train tracks, a staircase scene, Adidas, street signs, and a guy playing with some balls.




5. Todd Sykes and EvergreenOne - "90s Shit" 2010  *I love smiling rappers, which makes this a great video for me. These guys are from Tacoma.  ***Sadly, the original video was removed by the user.




6. Emily Wells - "Passenger" 2012  *This is actually a pretty good song. I found her because she worked with Dan The Automator (Respect!) on the 2013 Pillowfight album which you can link to on the right side of this blog.



7. Dilated Peoples feat. Guru - "Worst Comes To Worst" 2001  *This song still goes (that means good).



8. Roxette - "Listen To Your Heart" 1988  *Before we see their awesome concert venue, we get to see the bridge that earned this video a place on this list. I've never been to a show with sparklers, but there's still time. I thought I remembered liking Roxette but this song is weak.



9. Dyme Def - "Timeless" 2011  *This is the only Dyme Def song that I have wanted to listen to more than once.



10. Action Bronson - "Shiraz" 2010  *This guy doesn't suck and his video is hilarious, especially the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment