Thursday, April 11, 2013

Ten Music Videos featuring Flowers

1. The Beatles - "Across The Universe" 1969  I love that these Beatles videos exist. They were definitely cool.




2. Mystic - "The Life" 2001  This song is incredible, however, this version is weaker than the one I first heard. I found this (the rappier version) on vinyl at the Half Price Books in Lynnwood a few months ago, it was a score.




3. Joss Stone feat. Common - "Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now" 2009  This is one of my solo road trip sing-a-long jams. I love that these two did a song together. This video is definitely the most flowery of the ten.




4. De La Soul - "Say No Go" 1989  This song samples Hall and Oates' "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)", it is ridiculously cool.




5. MC Lyte - "Poor Georgie" 1991  I love songs with a storyline.




6. R.E.M. - "The One I Love" 1987  I feel like this is from when liking R.E.M. was still cool. 2017 UPDATE: I unashamedly still love many R.E.M. songs and often wonder what Michael Stipe is up to these days. "E-Bow The Letter" still goes.




7. Thievery Corporation - "Lebanese Blonde" 1998  This song was on the Garden State Soundtrack, I love that this video is actually about a blonde who we must assume is from Lebanon.




8. Onry Ozzborn - "The O O" 2011  This video is full of people that are fixtures of the Seattle music scene. It's cute that he put his kids in his video, and the song is good.




9. Bright Eyes - "First Day Of My Life" 2005  This video is like watching a chick movie, so watch out for that. It is a great song though.




10. Salt 'N Pepa - "Tramp" 1986  *We watched this video as homework for my Hip Hop class at the University of Washington. In this song, Salt 'N Pepa were addressing the sexism in Hip Hop.


Salt N Pepa - Tramp by jpdc11



No comments:

Post a Comment