Friday, April 19, 2013

Ten Music Videos featuring Balloons

HERE are all ten videos on a YouTube playlist. #YouTubeNchill

1. The Weeknd feat. Drake - "The Zone" 2012  This video is the inspiration for this category. If this video didn't have so many balloons, I would have put it in the projector list.




2. Nena - "99 Luft Ballons"  1984  Naturally, this video would have to be included.




3. Tom Petty - "Runnin' Down A Dream" 1989  Animated balloons still count. I make the rules here.




4. Phoenix - "Lisztomania" 2009  Sometimes I like these guys and other times I can't believe that I like them. All of their songs sound the same, yet, I only like a few of them. Hmmm.




5. Craig David - "Seven Days" 2000  Craig David tells us about his crazy week of lovin'. It starts when she asks him what time it is. A classic pickup line, but, these days if someone doesn't know what time it is, it likely means that they are too broke to have a phone.




6. Aloe Blacc - "I Need A Dollar" 2010  I sincerely hope that Aloe Blacc is no longer in need of a dollar. These days 23 million + YouTube views and an HBO theme song should equal at least that.




7. Mellowhype - "La Bonita" 2012  This video also has a monkey, a scorpion, and a bird. I love these guys even though I hardly ever listen to them.



8. Salt 'N Pepa - "Twist and Shout" 1988  For some reason, it's hilarious that they covered this song.



9. Vanity 6 - "Drive Me Wild" 1982  Even though this video contains girls in eighties lingerie, it still manages to be kind of boring. The balloon party starts at 3:29.



10. Dr. Dre and Snoop Doggy Dogg - "Dre Day" 1993  When I see a balloon in a music video, I get all excited. It's the same with chickens, rodents, and tons of other random shit; which you know if you have seen this blog before. This video was from an era when Dr. Dre and Eazy-E were not on good terms (this song came out 2 years before Eazy-E died).

No comments:

Post a Comment