Saturday, April 6, 2013

Ten Music Videos featuring Shirtless Males

1. 50 Cent - "In Da Club" 2003  *For me, this was 50's best song. I do like his song with Lil' Kim called "Magic Stick". I remember exactly where I was the first time I saw this video (in a living room in Agate Bay on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe) and knowing before sixty seconds had past that this song would be huge, and it was.



2. Shai - "If I Ever Fall In Love" 1993  *Junior high cassette material.



3. Smooth - "You Been Played" 1993  *This is on my VHS tape of music videos that I recorded from TV in the early nineties, along with Janet's "That's The Way Love Goes", Silk's "Freak Me", Live on BET performances, and many others.



4. Grimes - "Oblivion" 2012  *I love that Grimes is on this list twice because it just doesn't seem like there would be topless males in her videos. This is but one of the reasons she is fabulous.



5. Rufus and Chaka Khan - "Ain't Nobody" 1983  *This song always makes me think of the Breakin' learning to dance montage.



6. D'Angelo - "Untitled (How Does It Feel)" 2000  *The prototypical topless male music video. Thanks for being you D'Angelo.



7. Perfume Genius - "Hood" 2012  *This song is not for everybody, but I think it's alright.



8. R.E.M. - "Orange Crush" 1988  *R.E.M. is not the first band that comes to mind when looking out for topless males, which is why this is cool.



9. Grimes feat. Magical Cloudz - "Nightmusic" 2012  *This is a video that Grimes did not direct. This is obvious because it is definitely weird but not as Grimey as the videos for "Genesis" or "Oblivion".



10. Amy Winehouse - "Tears Dry On Their Own" 2007  *Why does everyone keep bumping into her? Don't they know she's Amy Winehouse?

No comments:

Post a Comment