Sunday, April 7, 2013

Ten Music Videos featuring Backwards Scenes

1. Frank Ocean - "Swim Good" 2011  *I didn't pay attention to Frank Ocean for a long time because so many people with poor taste liked him. Once I finally listened, I realized he was a genius.



2. Lucy Pearl - "Don't Mess With My Man" 2000  *A supergroup that didn't draw much attention with Raphael Saadiq, Dawn from En Vogue, and Ali Shaheed Muhammad from A Tribe Called Quest. I freaking love this song.



3. XXYYXX - "About You" 2012  *This video would have fit well in the mask category, not to mention the slow motion category that is coming out soon. I've never felt like I wanted to listen to the song without watching this awesome video at the same time (code for song is aight, video is rad).



4. alt-J (∆) - "Breezeblocks" 2012  *Epic backwards scene video.



5. Pale - "Too Much" 2012  *Awesome backwards scenes with a less than awesome song.



6. The Pharcyde - "Drop" 1996  *The go-to backwards scene video directed by Spike Jonze.



7. Enigma - "Return To Innocence" 1994  *Yes, I do think this song is cool. If I was on a solo road trip, I would totally sing this song really loud, but not the weird scat-like part.



8. King Midas Sound - "Cool Out" 2010  *I watched this because Thom Yorke said he liked them. It's pretty good and I like putting songs with "cool" in the title on here, because it's punny.



9. UNKLE feat. Ian Brown - "Reign" 2003  *For me, UNKLE was never as great as the 1998 Psyence Fiction album. This is from the not even close to as great 2003 Never, Never Land. It's just okay, which means it doesn't suck.



10. Canary Sing - "Freak Show" 2012  *These ladies are oozing with potential, it is kind of ridiculous that it only has 325 views.

No comments:

Post a Comment