Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ten More Music Videos with Food

The full collection of Food Music Videos is ready for #YouTubeNchill 'n.


1. Superior - "My Whole World" 2015  Finding this song reminded me that spending hours on the internet looking for music is exactly the shit I love most. Superior has been making music since the 90s and is currently on the Dezi Belle label out of Berlin, Germany. Props to the kids in the video for their entrepreneurial spirit, they are going to take over the world.





2. Run The Jewels - "Blockbuster Night Part 1" 2014  El-P and Killer Mike are way better rappers than EMTs. Self promotion is also one of their great skills.




3. Freddie Gibbs + Madlib - "Harolds" 2014  I love Madlib's instrumentals. When the guns, violence, and bitches are optional, I'll always go without.




4. Mndsgn - "Frugality, Zen, + Homewards" 2014  A truly weird (AKA great) video from Stones Throw artist Mndsgn. He'll be at Barboza on Sunday, February 22.




5. Jamil Suleman + Spekulation - "Curry N'A Hour" 2015  Jamil Suleman teamed up with the Internet Buzz Master Spekulation for his song about the realest of real...making dinner. He'll be performing at the March Home Slice at The Crocodile Back Bar. Home Slice is a monthly showcase of local Hip Hop that I curate with Andrew Savoie of Nu Era.



Proud to say that Jamil was one of the teachers of my UW Hip Hop Class in Spring 2012 along with Third Andresen PhD and John Eklof. That was the class that made me realize what I should really be doing with my life. In the class we made an EP, a blog, and had an Album Release Party. Here's a link to a video filmed at the show. We made a bunch of music videos, here's the link to our YouTube page. This was the video that truly captured the experience You can play Where's Waldo for me in the video if you know what I look like.




6. Bocafloja - "Aire" 2013  It seems like this rapper from Mexico City knows what's up. He's spreading positive messages with his music, I love that shit.




7. Doomtree - "Final Boss" 2015  I assure you that no Doomtree members were harmed in the making of this video. They are in fine shape and looking forward to the Seattle stop of their All Hands Tour. My ReignCity team is hosting their March 9 show at Neumos with Hellfyre Club and Transit.




8. INXS - "Beautiful Girl" 1993  One of those 90s jams that never gets old to me. INXS had the cuts.




9. Keyboard Kid - "BasedExorcism" 2012 (SEATTLE MUSIC)  I love that he made a Twin Peaks inspired video. There's a handful of corn @ 2:16.




10. The Fat Boys - "All You Can Eat" 1985  From the epic 80s movie, Krush Groove. A must watch for any Hip Hop fan.




Here's the link to the original Ten Music Videos Featuring Food from January 2013. It has They Live, Illa J, Beach House, Mayer Hawthorne, Glass Candy, De La Soul, and more....

No comments:

Post a Comment