Monday, February 16, 2015

Ten Great Live Performance Videos Part III

1. Filthy Fingers United Cassette Release Party 2014  Incredibly proud to say that this was the first show I ever booked in The Crocodile Back Bar. Diogenes is to FFU as Peanut Butter Wolf is to Stones Throw. I would love to help the 50+ Filthy Fingers United members be able to quit their day jobs to make music. They release a monthly themed compilation that I post on the ReignCity website on the 20th of every month.




2. Madlib Makes A Beat w/ Sony's MVR - "LA To Tokyo" 2014  I haven't seen Madlib live since Neumos 2007, that's way too long. I have only great memories of the show, but according to this article from The Stranger it was shitty.




3. Ol Dirty Bastard On Yo! MTV RAPS 1995?  We miss you ODB.




4. FKA Twigs - "Hide" 2014  This is one of my favorite videos of all time. It's a bummer that the little kid had peed his pants for his YouTube debut.  They filmed the visuals in Aztec ruins, which is fucking awesome. The percussion getting a bit wonky is part of why it is so great. I also appreciate the KEXP version.




5. Homeboy Sandman + Paul White - "Wade In The Water" 2014  Homeboy Sandman is one of my favorite rappers. My ReignCity team got to host his January 23 Bellingham show with Aesop Rock, Rob Sonic, DJ Abilities, and Dark Time Sunshine for the Hail Mary Mallon Tour. It was one of the best days ever.





6. Grape God - "Time Travel Television" 2014  Very proud to say that I brought some of Portland's most interesting artists to The Crocodile Back Bar on February 8. Grape God brought Slick DeviousRenaissance Coalition, and Soopah Eype up with him. Super genius OCnotes performed as well. I love that they used live footage and made it into Time Travel Television.




7. Brandy, MC Lyte, Yo-Yo, and Queen Latifah Are Still Down - "Live at BET Hip Hop Awards 2014" These Queens are still amazing. The audience shots are pretty great too.



8. Daughter - "Youth" NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert 2013  The original is a great song, but Budo's Remix of the song is incredible.








9. Shabazz Palaces - "Live On KEXP" 2014 (SEATTLE MUSIC) The Black Constellation is light years ahead of the rest.




10. Fink - "Warm Shadow" 2013  I got to see them at their show at The Crocodile back in October. I had never heard their music before and it was probably one of the best shows I've ever seen. "Warm Shadow" was featured on Walking Dead.




Here's the link to the original Ten Incredible Live Performance Videos and here's the link to the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment