Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Ten More Music Videos With Skateboards

20 Skateboarding Music Videos Playlist is here.

1. Yuna feat. Usher - "Crush" 2016  This was an epic move for Yuna; Arsher's been dope since before 1997's "You Make Me Wanna." She's been killin it for awhile now but this is my favorite track from her so far. Yuna is also the only female presence in the sausage fest of a category.





2. Fashawn - "Guess Who's Back" 2015  I was blessed to be able to work with Fashawn and his team when they came to The Crocodile for "The Ecology Tour" last year. One of my favorite parts of working with musicians is meeting the teams that support them. The standout most interesting person from the tour, besides Exile who was the Super DJ for Fashawn, was his visual wizard Punit Dhesi. It is through his work that we are able to feel connected to Fashawn. This is best shown in this sixteen and a half minute Mass Appeal Documentary.




3. The Sky Division feat. Darius, Sk8God + Muzikk- "AK Kidz Get The Biz" 2012  Seattle was blessed with Sk8God's Alaskan presence for a bit. While in Seattle, his camera was always on and he was a vital part of our music community. I really love his video series collaboration, "7 Slaps In The Sack" with Carrick Wenke and Miss Casey Carter which lives on through the lens of Wiggy.



While recently on duty at his new job in LA, Kid from Kid n' Play came through and this happened.



4. Joey Bada$$ - "Daily Routine" 2013  Love that they have a Handsome Boy Modeling School sample at the beginning; Prince Paul and Dan The Automator are some of my superheroes too. I have mad respect for Joey and the Pro Era crew. Their life's journey so far is the stuff of legends.




5. Wiki, Dev Hynes, Sporting Life, Onyx Collective and Show Me The Body - "MARKET" 2016  This project is dope as hell; Blood Orange and Ratking together blows my mind. Props to the New Yorkers for this project and for staying true to themselves in their art. I am very much looking forward to the day when I first roam the streets of New York.



I found the "Market" video on the Ratking website, Letter Racer. They have a bio video embedded in their About section that is worth a look. The video captures what Ratking are all about in the most entertaining way possible. I love that shit.


6. Kaytranada - "Lite Spots" 2016  He kinda blew up the internet with this one. Kaytranada deserves all the attention he gets and I can't wait to see what he'll do next. A great music video (or dozens) is the only difference between Kaytranada and many of my favorite Seattle-based producers.




7. Cake + $alad - "New Wa$hington Order (N.WA.O)" 2014 (SEATTLE MUSIC)  Steelelakejake and Rene Vivo did a great job on this video. I'd really love to see them step their internet game up so the world can see what they're all about.




8. Step Brothers (Alchemist + Evidence) - "So Fresh" 2008  This might be my least favorite Step Brothers song but these two can do no wrong in my eyes. I have been blessed to see Dilated Peoples a few times and so far I've only seen Alchemist as DJ for Action Bronson at The Neptune Theater. I've yet to see these two share a stage and I hope that changes very soon. Their "Step Masters" video showcased their personalities so well that I've been crushing on both of them ever since.




9. Left Brain + Lije Sarki - "Belong" 2014  Lije Sarki did an incredible job on this video. I'd really love to see more of the SIFF types working with local musicians; magical things would happen. Maybe Filthy Fingers United X Cornish?





10. Hail Mary Mallon (Aesop Rock + Rob Sonic) - "4AM" 2015  I love that Aesop Rock makes so many music videos and wish that more of my musician friends would follow in his example. This track is from Hail Mary Mallon's "Bestiary" album, formerly one of the best promoted albums ever in my opinion. The promo for Aesop Rock's latest solo album, "The Impossible Kid" was even better than Bestiary. Rhymesayers X Aesop Rock = World Domination.




1 comment: