Monday, June 13, 2016

Ten Music Videos With Kissing

10 Kissing Music Videos Playlist is here.

1. Disclosure feat. Eliza Doolittle - "You And Me" (Flume Remix) 2014  I actually think they went a little overboard with the kissing on this one but the song is awesome. It was one of the many songs I knew I loved in the first 1 minute and 4 seconds. My intro to Disclosure was "White Noise" featuring AlunaGeorge and I've been on board ever since. For Flume, the song that caught me was "Left Alone" featuring Chet Faker.




2. Bjork - "Mutual Core" 2012   Bjork is Queen of the Keep Iceland Weird committee in the best possible way. The almost unlistenable song and creepy visuals in this single from her Biophilia album make it an all around uncomfortable video to watch. Don't get me wrong, I have loved Bjork since before I Mod Podged the Post album art on my journal in 1995; but, her new music is a little hard to digest. A+ for effort and for staying true to her inner weirdo.




3. The Weeknd - "Often" 2014  Even though all of The Weeknd songs sound the same to me, there are only 3 songs that I have overplayed as of yet. "Can't Feel My Face," "The Zone," and "The Morning." He's just meh to me in general, but I would love to see other artists work as hard as he has for a sustainable music career.




4. Shura - "Touch" 2014  Love the song but the video makes me feel like a Peeping Tom. Shura has a Shuraverse on her website that is so high tech that it doesn't load half the time. Have yet to find any other Shura songs that I like.



The final product of Talib Kweli's remix is pretty weak. It feels like a concocted label collaboration to me, but maybe Kweli simply liked the song as much as I did?




5. BADBADNOTGOOD + Ghostface Killah feat. DOOM - "Ray Gun" 2015  This is a truly epic trio of artists. Masks, robots, spaceships, subtitles, cars, fur, birds, special effects, food, lasers, cops; this video has everything. I love that Left Brain is the lead actor in this; he doesn't tip his bartenders though so he'll never be that classy.




6. Odesza feat Zyra - "Say My Name" 2014  I'm down with Odesza but I have yet to feel the urge to spend time with their music. The duo met at WWU and quickly made Bellingham, WA a new hub of the Electronic music scene. Pretty sweet trick actually.




7. Prof - "Motel" 2015  Best dimples, promo, and socks in the game. He's been working his ass off under the guise of almost constant shenanigans for over a decade. With the priceless backing of Rhymesayers, he's making a huge mark on the music community.



My former ReignCity team had the pleasure of hosting Prof's "Liability Tour" at Nectar Lounge November 17, 2015 with Nacho Picasso and Slow Dance. Here's a few of the photos I found on my phone the next day.





8. The Flavr Blue - "Hearts Racing" 2014  SEATTLE MUSIC  All three members of The Flavr Blue are pushing themselves to be the best humans they can be. Mad respect to Hollis, Parker, and Lace for their commitment to their craft and for being all around awesome people.




9.  Snakehips feat. Tinashe + Chance The Rapper - "All My Friends" 2015  We never actually see what these people are waiting in line for which is actually perfect for the song. This video for my first exposure to Snakehips would have been perfect in the short Rotating Cameras list. I've listened to this song too much but I'm coo with it.




10. Kwamie Liv - "Higher" 2015  This video documents the course of a relationship, The Cure's Wild Mood Swings album did that too. I first heard Kwamie Liv in the single "5 AM" a few years back but haven't seen her in Seattle yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment