Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Eight Music Videos featuring Fierce Solo Dancing

1. MC Lyte - "Ice Cream Dream" 1992  *This is from the Mo' Money Soundtrack, I have this on cassette. I had no idea what this song was about in 1992.



2. The Black Keys - "Lonely Boy" 2011  *He is the new school iconic solo dancer.



3. Karyn White - "Secret Rendezvous" 1988  *I'm pretty sure she does the Roger Rabbit and the Running Man in this video starting @ 1:19.



4. Tears For Fears - "Mad World" 1983  *The guy dancing outside by himself is the inspiration for this category.



5. Mayer Hawthorne - "A Long Time" 2011  *1980s Detroit dance show footage pairs nicely with this song.



6. Disclosure feat. AlunaGeorge - "White Noise" 2013  *It's pretty dancey/dancy but I still like it.



7. Johnny Gill - "Rub You The Right Way" 1990  *I like the part @ 3:11 when he is dancing really hard and making eye contact with the camera.



8. Toro Y Moi - "Never Matter" 2013  *I'm not in love with this song by any means, but the video is pretty funny. I do feel like Chaz Bundick (Toro and Moi) would be a great person to hang out with. There is a great video interview with him on my 2011 Toro Y Moi post.


No comments:

Post a Comment