Thursday, March 28, 2013

Ten Music Videos with Green Screen Backgrounds

1. M.I.A.  - "Galang" 2007  *She is radical.



2. Neneh Cherry - "Buffalo Stance" 1988  *It's hard not to sing aloud the part of the chorus that starts at 0:51, for me, maybe not you guys.



3. The Streets - "Let's Push Things Forward" 2002  *I don't love this song but the whole British rapper thing makes me like it.



4. The B-52's - "Roam" 1990  *This song and video are kind of painful to watch, I wouldn't recommend watching it except for the nostalgia factor. I don't think I would ever listen to this song for listening pleasure. I find myself questioning whether or not this category should just have nine songs.




5. 3rd Bass - "The Gas Face" 1989  *MC Serch was a turtleneck rapper.



6. Theophilus London - "I Stand Alone" 2011  *Dang, this song isn't that cool at all. The green screen action is the best part.



7. De La Soul - "Eye Know" 1989  *This song samples Steely Dan, how cool is that?




8. Monie Love - "Grandpa's Party" 1990  *Afrika Bambaataa has a cameo in this video.



9. Holy Balm - "Holy Balm Theme" 2012  *I saw this Australian band recently at the Jewelbox Theater. They were so incredible I bought the album. Their awesomeness isn't that obvious in this video or song. They have a tumblr.



10. Deee-Lite - "Groove Is In The Heart" 1990  *I saw one of the Deee-Lite djs at the Power Plant near the viaduct in the late 1990s. I had a mini raver phase in that era, but, someone told me once that I looked like I was dancing to Hip Hop (they did not think that was cool).




No comments:

Post a Comment