Saturday, March 30, 2013

Ten Music Videos featuring Couches

1. Tyler, The Creator - "IFHY" 2013  I truly feel that Tyler is a super genius. The only thing that makes his age obvious (he is only 22) is the lyrical content of his music. He still thinks that he has to shock us, even though the world would probably pay attention even if he went in a less shocking direction.
 


2. Madvillain - "Rhinestone Cowboy" 2004  *I have a lot of respect for these guys (MF Doom and Madlib), but, I don't like this song or video that much. The applause within the song doesn't really do it for me.



3. M.E.D. - "Push" 2005  *J Dilla is on the couch, it looks like the Donuts cover is a still from this video @ 2:25.
 
 
 
 
 
4. Bonobo feat. Andreya Triana - "The Keeper" 2009  *The one-shot music video is slowly paced which accentuates the smoothness of the song. I like most of the songs I put on here, but this is one of the ones I actually listen to...a lot.
 
 
 
5. Curren$y - "Chandelier" 2012  *I don't really like this song as a whole. I do appreciate how he respectfully talks about his lady, this is one of those rappers that deserves to get chicks. That said, I have not listened to any of his other songs.
 
 
 
6. Otayo Dubb feat. Bambu - "A Lil More" 2012  *This video serves as a public service announcement for ladies warning them to bring their drinks into the restroom with them. I wouldn't listen to this song regularly, but, they seem like good guys making music that actually means something.
 
 
 
7. The XX - "Islands" 2010  *The band is working this couch.

 
 
8. MC Lyte feat. Xscape - "Keep On Keepin' On" 1996  *I believe pantsuit MC Lyte does say "sugar for my booger" @ 1:56. I just recently found this song and even starred it on Spotify.
 
 
 
9. Billy Idol - "Cradle Of Love" 1990  *This guy is kind of a woos, not Billy Idol of course because he is a total badass.
 
 
 
10. Rocky Rivera feat. Irie Eyez - "GRLZ" 2012  *These girls are fierce, I'm glad they make music.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment