Sunday, March 26, 2017

The New Hotness Vol. 5

I update my New Hotness YouTube playlist every time I find a new favorite song. It's better than television.

1. Gorillaz - "Saturnz Barz (Spirit House)" 2017  Gorillaz is doing it waaaay better than anyone else; try harder. Damon Albarn was one of the first artists I felt compelled to post about on this site back in 2009. 




2. Sa-Roc - "I Am Her" 2017  I couldn't be more excited to witness this woman spread her messages across the US and Canada on the Own Light Tour. Peep her bio on the Rhymesayers site for an intro to Sa-Roc.




3. Jorja Smith - "Beautiful Little Fools" 2017  If you appreciate beauty in any of it's forms, this video is for you. I was hooked on Jorja Smith when I saw her video for "Where Did I Go?" last July.




4. Princess Nokia - "Hands Up" 2017  It's hard not to love Princess Nokia. I'm sad to miss her show at The Crocodile on May 11 but I'll be en route to Oakland with the Brother Ali/Sa-Roc tour so life is pretty damn good.




5. Little Dragon - "Sweet" 2017  I love it when artists get weird with their videos.





6. DJ Harrison - "Rule The World" 2017  STONES THROW  "I live in Richmond, VA, studied the masters and the techniques they had before us, and trying to put the puzzle of my life in this recorded diary they call music. I record the instruments, reside with the instruments, mix them, and believe in them. I like tape. ReeltoReel tape. Cassette Tape." -bio from his Bandcamp page.




7. Steve Lacy - "Ryd / Dark Red" 2017  This 18 year old has a long career ahead of him; he's been a part of The Internet since 2015 and has been kicking ass ever since. Here's what The Fader had to say about him last year.




8. BADBADNOTGOOD feat. Snoop Dogg + Kaytranada - "Lavender (Nightfall Remix)" 2017  Shoutout to this crew for pissing off cheeto.




9. Oddisee - "NNGE" feat. Toine 2017  Oddisee is crushing the scene in the best way right now.




10. Reverie - "Critique Like Me" 2017  Click to learn about Reverie from this OC Weekly article. I know we'll be seeing a lot more of Reverie in the next few years.


No comments:

Post a Comment