Sunday, April 2, 2017

Ten Music Videos with Turtlenecks

Turtleneck Music Video YouTube Playlist

1. Spooky Black - "Without You" (Produced by Greaf) 2014  Spooky Black is only 19 years old (insert shocked emoji). I much prefer to consume this song without the visuals because it feels like I'm too old to watch this video. His crew thestand4rd will be at this year's Soundset in Minneapolis and so will I; yessssss.




2. 3rd Bass - "The Gas Face" 1988  I could have made a whole Turtleneck Music Videos list with all MC Serch (list MVP) videos but that's too easy. MF DOOM as Zev Love X has a cameo in this video.




3. Monica - "Don't Take It Personal (Just One Of Dem Days)" 1995  A perfect example of a 90's R+B song complete with gigantic cell phone.




4. Blood Orange - "You're Not Good Enough" 2014  Hey, you're good enough.




5. Leonard Nimoy - "Ballad Of Bilbo Baggins" 1967  I really don't think it's possible to be more nerdy than this. That said, stay tuned for me starting to sell "Hobbits Unite!" buttons.




6. Total Giovanni - "Can't Control My Love" 2015  Melbourne electropop via Milan that doesn't suck. I'm definitely trying to smash an old TV in slow motion someday.




7. Jessie Ware - "Champagne Kisses" 2015  I much prefer her more upbeat tunes and collaborations to her slow jams. Specifically "If You're Never Gonna Move" and "Right Thing To Do" with Sampha. Jessie Ware is one of those rare people who can rock a yellow turtleneck; props.




8. Bell Biv DeVoe - "Poison" 1990  I know I'm not the only one who had dance routines to this timeless classic.



Here's a video from Bell Biv DeVoe's 2016 album Three Stripes. 




9. Heems - "Damn Girl" 2015  This song really does it for me.




10. Goldlink feat. Ciscero - "Fall In Love" 2016  Goldlink is most definitely just getting going...


No comments:

Post a Comment