Monday, April 10, 2017

11 Roller Skating Music Videos

For a good time watch all the roller skating music videos on my YouTube playlist.


1. Gloria Gaynor - "I Will Survive" 1978  Watching this video (and early Beatles/Rolling Stones videos) inspired me to Google the history of music videos pre-MTV. According to The History Channel, the first music video was made in 1895 by Thomas Edison and his crew.




2. Chet Faker - "Gold" 2014 This video inspired me to buy $5 Goodwill roller skates that I'm afraid to use until I get health insurance. "Gold" is one of my favorite songs...ever.




3. Domo Genesis feat Anderson.Paak - "Dapper" 2016  Anderson.Paak has been one of my favorite artists since "Suede." Malibu was an instant timeless classic. Loved watching Dre react to hearing the music in the studio in the promo videos released to support the album.




4. De La Soul ft. Q-Tip and Vinia Mojica - "A Roller Skating Jam Named "Saturdays"" 1991 This video made me realize that I've been doing Saturdays all wrong. Shoutout to Prince Paul (producer of this song etc.) for helping to create so many of my favorite moments in music.




5. Ciara feat. Missy Elliott - "1, 2 Step" 2004  The roller skates don't arrive until the end of the video but Ciara and Missy are fierce the whole way through.




6. Perfume Genius - "Fool" 2014  I love that Perfume Genius is showing us the emo side of roller skating; not an easy feat because it usually promotes joy with moment of terror.




7. Le Couleur - "Femme" 2013  I've just added roller skating near the Eiffel Tower to my bucket list; I didn't have one before. I'll be wearing pants though.




8. Jungle - "Heat" 2013  Roller skate dancing at its finest.




9. Beyoncé - "Blow" 2014  The vibe in the room at a Beyonce roller skating party would be stellar.




10. Luscious Jackson - "Here" 1995  This video gets the award for Best Use Of Disco Balls.




11. Thunderpussy - "Welcome To The Disco" 2015  SEATTLE MUSIC  Thunderpussy is currently in position to take over the world...and I'll give them the award for Best Use Of Fred Wildlife Refuge.


No comments:

Post a Comment