Monday, July 17, 2017

13 Music Videos with Household Chores

I really can't tell you why I've compiled a list of music videos featuring household chores over the last few years...but I did and Sade is the Queen. This has the least Hip Hop of any list I've made since forever.


1. Sade - "Babyfather" 2010  Sade's been making doing the dishes (and everything else) look superfly since pre-2010.




2. SZA - "Drew Barrymore" 2017  SZA is doing laundry in this video...or at least looking fly in front of some dryers. "Go Gina" is my favorite track from SZA's latest; in case you were wondering.




3. Old Man Saxon - "The Perils" 2016  In the video, Old Man Saxon portrays (maybe he does live in his car, many artists do) a man living in his car. I tried it, it's not that cool in a Subaru. In my opinion (as is the rest of this website), this is one of the best songs on the list.




4. Jehst - "Nuke Proof Suit" 2005  UK HIP HOP  Jehst and his team truly went all out for this video. He released a new album in the last few weeks; you should probably check it out.




5. Sun Ho feat. Lady Saw - "Mr Bill" (Produced by Wyclef Jean) 2009  It's really too bad that this song is so lame because Sun Ho is killing the chore game.




6. Snakehips feat. Kaleem Taylor - "Forever (Pt. II)" 2015  You'd never catch me listening to this song but the video is awesome.




6. Grimes - "California" 2016  I'm an unofficial member of the Grimes fan club for life even if her music isn't doing it for me lately. She's taking care of the sweeping in the art studio herself; that's classy.




7. Reva DeVito - "Deeper" 2016  Catch Reva's Portland crew doing mannequin challenge type stuff then doing the dishes in this pro-cassette music video from last year.




8. Damian Marley - "Welcome To Jamrock" 2005  They gotta do laundry in Jamrock too.




9. EARTHGANG feat. J.I.D. - "Momma Told Me" 2016  The EARTHGANG Mom is cooking breakfast and doing the dishes while they rap and chill hard in slow motion.




10. Pomo - "How I Feel" 2015  I don't want to ruin the surprise but you should probably stick around to the end of the video to see who the ladies final visitor is.




11. Hilltop Hoods feat. Maverick Sabre - "Won't Let You Down" 2014  I love the video but think the song is pretty weak but since it came all the way from Southern Australia, I still feel lucky to have found it.




12. The Black Keys - "Weight Of Love" 2014  This song gets all Pink Floyd-y and it works for me.




13. Weezer - "Say It Ain't So" 1994  As Weezer does their thing, their squad goes about their business...doing laundry and shit. The realest.

No comments:

Post a Comment