Thursday, September 21, 2017

10 Bicycle Music Videos Part III




The Music Videos With Bicycles playlist is thirty plus videos deep and all gems. I linked to the playlist on Reddit once and people tried to give me all these shitty recommendations for more bike videos but I resisted. These playlists are for me to enjoy and I don't fux with shitty music.



1. Calvin Harris feat. Jessie Reyez - "Hard To Love" 2017  Stoked for Jessie that she made it around those gatekeepers; she's broken into big money collaborations and is still making great music. I've had this on repeat since I first heard it.




2. Deem Spencer - "Tussilago" 2016  This bicycle video was my intro to Deem Spencer. Seems like a simple video concept but the video shoot could have presented some safety challenges if the multi-tasking bicyclist wasn't so talented.



My second Deem Spencer song was "there was plenty time before us," needless to say, I'll be paying more attention from now on. I love strings in Hip Hop.




3. Steve Lacy - "Some" 2016  Steve Lacy, of The Internet hit factory, warns us about the dangers of chickening out when you've reached that Say Anything moment with the visuals for "Some." Say what you've got to say while you still can!



He released this six days ago but I prefer the joint above.




4. Porter Ray - "Past Life" 2017  SEATTLE MUSIC  Porter Ray's last release, Watercolor, was reviewed in Pitchfork; an accomplishment in itself. My favorite thing about Porter remains to be his positive attitude and infectious smile. Love this dude.



Porter Ray released the following collaboration with Stas THEE Boss a few months back.




5. Sa-Roc - "True Mastery" 2014 RHYMESAYERS  I couldn't be more excited to see 20+ more Sa-Roc shows in just a few weeks... life is good. Her latest video, "The Reckoning" appeared on The New Hotness Vol. 9 earlier this month.



Here's another great Sa-Roc jam from her Soundcloud so you can dive into the Queen's work.




6. Cosmo Pyke - "Chronic Sunshine" 2017  This eighteen year old superhero hails from South London, like his fellow crooner King Krule. There is something good in the water there, I drank it and then took a bunch of beautiful photos, shit works. This article by the Guardian is a good intro to all things Cosmo Pyke.




7. FKJ - "Skyline" 2017  Getting up this early/staying up this late to get this light for the video shoot was totally worth it.




8. Humble The Poet - "H.A.I.R." 2017  Humble The Poet is an artist/vlogger/internet entrepreneur type who has all the ladies lipsync the lyrics in this video; always works.



If you wanna hear more, his latest project, Righteous Ratchet, is free to stream on Soundcloud.





9.  Reverie - "Scheming" 2016  Thanks to Google, I just found a great interview with Reverie on a new-to-me French Hip Hop site focused on women artists called MadameRap... enjoy.



Madame Rap puts out mixtapes on Soundcloud...




10. Fatima - "Biggest Joke Of All" 2014  I delivered pizza in Lake Tahoe in the late 90s and it loved every minute of it; I was on Team Subaru so I slayed deliveries all year. Anyway, I fell for her "La Neta" video back in 2014 and have been watching out for her since. We have a special bond now cuz of the whole pizza delivery thing... not really.




No comments:

Post a Comment