Saturday, September 30, 2017

14 Great Live Performance Videos Part V


The Live Performance Music Videos YouTube playlist has 75+ videos and still growing.


1. Jessie Reyez - "Figures (Live Acoustic)" 2017  Amazing what this woman can do with a guitar, her voice, and some imagination. I believe in you Jessie!




2. Jorja Smith - "Teenage Fantasy" 2017  When you're this good, all you need is a microphone. She just rocked that performance in a t-shirt like a boss.




3. Taylar Elizza Beth - "Live On KEXP" 2017  SEATTLE MUSIC  I've been a fan of Taylar since the first moment I heard her voice and she just keeps getting better. Seeing her at the Laser Dome with Sassy Black was truly epic. KEXP also interviewed Taylar for their Local Artist Spotlight back in June.



If you haven't heard her EP Fresh Cut Flowers yet; I've made it easy for you.




4. Gabriel Garzón-Montano - "Everything Is Everything" (Live Session Findspire) 2016  STONES THROW  He learned it from his Mama.




5. Mahalia - "Sober" 2017  I may have a problem, I can't seem to stop listening to this song. Could be way worse.




6. Fkj & Masogo - "Tadow" 2017  These two recorded this masterpiece at Red Bull Studios Paris.




7. Noo - "Without You" 2015  I'd really love to see Muzzy Legault pop in the screen to do her verse but she was far away in Canada... see below.




8. Muzzy Legault - "Cafe Nostalgica Ottowa" 2017  My intro to Montreal native Muzzy Legault was from the song above; I was an instant fan.



This jam I posted back on The New Hotness Vol. 7 clinched my fandom.





9. Tay Sean - "Live On KEXP" 2017  SEATTLE MUSIC  I was blessed to discover Tay Sean back in 2010 when he performed at Seattle Central Community College's Unity Fair as half of Helladope with Jarv Dee. Peep the link for a photo. The Helladope album I bought from them that day remains one of my favorite Seattle Hip Hop albums ever. I haven't been able to find it online but here's one of the tracks.




10. Masego - "Navajo" 2017  I've listened to the studio version of this song way too many times so I could figure out why I love it so much. Still haven't figured it out.




11. Kung Foo Grip - "Walk Alone 2 (Live On KEXP)" 2011  SEATTLE MUSIC  I loved these Caffe Vita Bean Room videos. Since they recorded this six years ago, they've linked up with the Cabin Games crew and released the EP below. We're all watching to see what they do next.






12. Shabazz Palaces - "Live On KEXP" 2017 SEATTLE MUSIC  Next level... once again.




13. Lizzo - "Live On KEXP" 2017  By being herself, Lizzo has already inspired thousands of young women to love themselves just as they are. #superheroshit




14. Dua Lipa - "I Would Rather Go Blind" 2017 (Etta James Cover)  Bold move to cover such a legend's music but she nailed it.



Here's Etta James doing it her damn self; rare to see performances like this these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment