Monday, January 16, 2017

Eleven Music Videos featuring Parking Garages

Here's the full list in YouTube playlist form. #YouTubeNchill

1. Zelli feat. Feezable The Germ - "Solid" 2017  SEATTLE MUSIC  It's beautiful to see Zelli stepping her game up, I can't wait to see what she does next. "Solid" is the title track from her latest EP, released in August 2016. The video was created by the mega-talented A.K. Romero; Seattle is oozing with talent.




2. M.I.A. - "Bring The Noize" 2013  One of the reasons I think we all love M.I.A. is because she dares to be different. It's funny how we often hide the gifts that make us unique to better fit in. M.I.A. likely had to overcome some




3. Graves 33 - "Waiting For Never" 2012  SEATTLE MUSIC  Graves 33 works his ass off making music, graphic design, woodburning, videography, and taking care of his family.




4. Deltron 3030 - "City Rising From The Ashes" (Video 2) 2013  The original version of this video can be found on my list of Music Videos w/ Projectors. It amazes me how little attention this album got, I guess people were too distracted by all the mainstream garbage as usual. Fortunately, I was able to see them perform twice during the tour to promote the album. The second version of the video got one-sixth the attention of the original...lesson learned.




5. Paul White feat. Trim - "Get Your Head Round This" 2014  I still can't figure out how I feel about Paul White's music, it seems like most of his songs are missing something. This song is definitely unique and more creative than most of the garbage you'll hear on the radio. His work ethic and creativity will keep me listening/watching. He just released a free beat tape on Bandcamp so you can hear for yourself how he's progressed.




6. Homeboy Sandman - "America The Beautiful" 2015  Yet another gem from Homeboy Sandman, can't wait to hear the new material he's working on with Aesop Rock as the duo Lice.




7. Emily Wells - "Mama's Gonna Give You Love" 2012  This is an incredible performance, one of the many that earned her the opportunity to work with one of my personal favorites, Dan The Automator, on their Pillowfight side project. The lead single from that project appeared on my compilation of music videos with Leg Shots.




8. Silas Blak - "Yeah Yeah" 2015  SEATTLE MUSIC  Walking around the neighborhood videos do a great job of showcasing the natural talent of the artist. Silas Blak is oozing with natural talent...the Cabin Games crew gets it. Do yourself a favor and check out his "Editorials: (wartunes)" album, available on his Bandcamp page.




9. Lady Leshurr - "Queen's Speech Ep. 1" 2015  Much respect to Lady Leshurr for owning her queenliness. The six installments of her Queen's Speech series got me hooked.




10. Massive Attack - "Angel" 1998  Massive Attack is timeless. I love the theory that Massive Attack's Robert Del Naja is Banksy...even though he says it's not true.




11. Radiohead - "Daydreaming" 2016  See how Thom Yorke has the courage to walk through every doorway he comes to, that is how you make shit happen for yourself. I see metaphors for kicking ass at life everywhere these days and I'm okay with it...that said, some doorways are not worth the energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment