Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Ten More Music Videos With Special Effect Twins

Here's a YouTube playlist of ALL the Special Effect Twins I've found so far. #YouTubeNchill


1. Knxwledge - "Flyinglizrds" 2015  STONES THROW  Knxwledge has been killing it for years but came into the spotlight when he collaborated with the music industry's current shining star, Anderson .Paak.




2. Charlotte Dos Santos - "Watching You" 2016  STONES THROW  I can't say enough good things about Stones Throw, they are my spirit animal...or something. Sofie's SOS Tape is available via the Stones Throw website.



The artwork for the release really does it for me.



3. Nick DenBoer - "The Chickening" 2016  This is not technically a music video but it's awesome. and I post it every chance I get.




4. Sevdaliza - "The Valley" 2015  This is likely my least favorite from Sevdaliza but I'm so on board with her that I had to share anyway.




5. Maze Koroma - "Complicated" 2016  EYRST  Green screen for the win. It's tough to keep up with all the greatness of EYRST, I highly recommend you follow Maze and the rest of them on all their social media sites in case I miss something.



6. Calvin Valentine - "Your Drugs" 2016  This wasn't intended to be a collection of EYRST videos but good shit does happen sometimes.




7. Martell Webster - "I'm Ripe" 2016  Martell Webster (of the NBA) is one of the founders and artists of Portland's EYRST crew. Their small label does an incredible job of cultivating talent, I love them.




8. Rare Treat (Myke Bogan + The Last Artful, Dodgr) - "Pop!" 2016  Another "Rare Treat" from Portland's EYRST crew.




9. Slum Village feat. BJ The Chicago Kid + Illa J - "Expressive" 2015  Slum Village is always evolving, it must be difficult to fill the hole that J Dilla left in their lives but I admire their courage to keep going.




10. Gabriel Garzón-Montano - "Crawl" 2017  I love that Peanut Butter Wolf's diverse musical tastes have turned in to a blessing for the universe. He is able to see the light in others and help them to reach their highest potential through Stones Throw; a noble life mission, if I've ever heard one. Gabriel Garzón-Montano has been making music for years but was drawn into the spotlight when Drake sampled one of his songs back in July 2016. Dig into his archives, it's worth your time. 




The first compilation of Special Effect Twins videos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment