Monday, January 23, 2017

Fourteen More Music Videos with Public Transportation

Here's ALL the Music Videos w/ Public Transportation I've found so far. #YouTubeNchill




1. J. Cole - "False Prophets" 2016  He used the beat for Joey Bada$$'s "Waves" and Joey wore it better.





2. Bambu - "Minimum Wage" 2014  I love that Bambu educates with his art, he gets it.





3. Ghostpoet - "Off Peak Dreams" 2015  I was in Shoreditch, London for 9 days and it wasn't enough time; I will be back as soon as I possibly can. Ghostpoet first appeared on my website back in 2013, moments after I discovered his "Meltdown" track.





4. Little Dragon - "Underbart" 2014  This is from the Nabuma Rubberband album; worth a listen but it's way less magical for me than their previous albums.




5. Axel F. (J.Rocc + MED) feat. Pok + Strong Arm Steady - "Superman RMX" 2014  I love superhero shit, I hope J.Rocc is careful with his cape; the world needs him.




6. Kool + Käss  - "Pleasance (WDGAF)" 2013  It's hard not to like artists that dgaf.




7. Micall Parknsun - "Land Of The Lost" 2013 (UK HIP HOP) This UK artist seems kind of Seattle.




8. Slick Devious - "Draped Up"  2013  PORTLAND MUSIC  One of Portland's weirdest; this is a huge compliment. My intro to Slick Devious was via the "Paint Soup" album with Grape God.




9. Rapsody - "The Man" 2015  She's dope. I've been fortunate enough to see her a few times in the last year with 9th Wonder. I always think of "Welcome To Jamrock" when I read Jamla Records.





10. Dex Amora x Goldenbeets (ft. Scarlet Parke) - "What Do Ai Say" 2015  SEATTLE MUSIC “I don’t like writing in the booth. I like writing on the Metro, actually. It’s kind of habit now. When I first got out here, that’s what I was doing, so it kind of stuck with me. I’m more comfortable on the back of the Link with my headphones on, writing something.”  Seattle Weekly Interview




11. Brandy feat. Timbaland - "Who Is She 2 U" 2004  While researching this collaboration, I learned about another genre of music I missed, illbient music...according to the legends of Wiki, Brandy and Timbaland were experimenting with it. I still don't like putting music in a labelled box.




12. Flying Lotus - "Coronus, The Terminator" 2015  Flying Lotus is one of the most inspiring people on the planet.




13. Substantial feat. Precious Joubert - "The Sub Way" 2017 (prod. Marcus D)  This song (and a 4 panel color poster) can be found within Substantial's latest album, The Past Is Always Present in the Future.




14. Kris Kross - "I Missed The Bus" 1992  Pretty sure I got this cassette from BMG Music Service, I still have it. #cassettesareback Shoutout to the late Chris Kelly for leaving us with so much great entertainment.


No comments:

Post a Comment