Saturday, May 4, 2013

Ten Music Videos featuring Texts or Phone Calls

Here's the full list on a YouTube playlist.  #YouTubeNchill




1. Ghostpoet - "Meltdown" 2013 (UK HIP HOP)  *Let's assume she is receiving or sending a text when she checks her phone. I have a thing for this song which I found through the Pigeons and Planes website.




2. Wrecking Crew - "Scallops" 2013  I found this via email from Mello Music Group.




"Scallops" is on Wrecking Crew's Wu-Tang Pulp album.



3. Blue Scholars - "Fou Lee" 2011  *Geo gets a text on his way into the market, this video could have been in my upcoming shopping cart collection. I don't love this song, but, I appreciate what these guys have contributed to Seattle and Hip Hop in general.




4. Estelle - "No Substitute Love" 2008  She is pretty amazing.




5. Buggsy feat. Jehst and Farma G - "Connect The Spdif" 2011  (UK HIPHOP)  I love this Jehst verse and that they drink tea in this video. Jehst is wearing the black hat and his verse is first..




6. The Streets - "Blinded By The Lights" 2004  I think 2004 was right near the beginning of text messages. Even though it is kind of dark, this is my favorite Streets song.




7. Outkast - "Benz Or Beamer" 1995  From the soundtrack to New Jersey Drive.




8. Yeasayer - "Madder Red" 2010  This video stars Kristen Bell and a sad neglected puppet thing.


9. Somethin' For The People - "My Love Is The Shhh!" 1997  Telephone operator R and B girls.


10. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - "Round And Round" (Unofficial Video) 2010  This is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment