Friday, May 10, 2013

Ten Music Videos featuring Skateboards

20 Skateboarding Music Videos YouTube Playlist is here.

1. Lupe Fiasco feat. Jill Scott - "Daydreamin'" 2006  *This is the only Lupe Fiasco song that I like.



2. Mayer Hawthorne - "Maybe So Maybe No" 2009  *Stephen King said this about Mayer Hawthorne's second album (this song is from his first album A Strange Arrangement):


I was first led to Hawthorne's blue-eyed soul by the bouncy tune "Your Easy Lovin' Ain't Pleasin' Nothin' " from A Strange Arrangement (catch the yummy video on YouTube). Is his stuff derivative? Sure, but anyone who can channel Barry White, the Five Stairsteps, and Curtis Mayfield with such perfection is close to, well… can you say "genius"? "  -from www.StephenKing.pl



3. Young MC - "Bust A Move" 1989  *This video has a pouty dancing girl, Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and the actor Max Perlich (on far right) who can be seen here Tony Hawk (second from left) and Christian Slater (center).





4. Air - "All I Need" 1998  *I'm pretty sure I had that same daybed when I was 13.



5. Lana Del Rey - "Video Games" 2011  *I don't really care what others may think of her, I think this song is beautiful.



6. Childish Gambino - "Fire Fly" 2012  *This song is pretty close to cheesy but still pretty good.



7. Mayer Hawthorne - "I Left My Heart In San Francisco" 2010  *The slow-motion skating is perfect for this song.



8. The Knife - "Heartbeats" 2003  *Great song with a great video. I feel like this is a band that people who work at music stores listen to.



9. Outkast - "Elevators (Me And You)" 1996  *This is from my favorite Outkast album.





10. Massive Attack - "Unfinished Sympathy" 1991  *I will go to Bristol. Classic music staples and new favorites all coming from the same area. It will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment