Sunday, May 12, 2013

Five Great Songs I Am Currently Overplaying

1. Ghostpoet - "Meltdown" 2013  (UK HIP HOP)  *This song is amazing, I think this is the highest quality of UK Hip Hop that I have found so far. Thank you again to the Pigeons and Planes website. This song also appears on the Ten Music Videos featuring Texts or Phone Calls. You can listen to music from his new album Some Say I So I Say Light on his website (www.ghostpoet.co.uk/) or at the Guardian website (here).





2. alt-J (∆) - "Something Good" 2012  *I think this song is a masterpiece. "Something Good" also appears on Eight Music Videos featuring Confetti. It sounds especially good when driving with the windows down on a sunny day, or with headphones on, or wherever you are.





3. Radiohead - "Talk Show Host" 1996  *I just found this song again after rewatching the Romeo and Juliet movie. Someone pointed out to me recently that the story of Romeo and Juliet is a story about teenagers who kill themselves because they can't be together. We read this in junior high, that is messed up, but, the song is great. "Talk Show Host" was also on The Bends.





4. Tokimonsta feat. Gavin Turek - "Darkest Dim" 2012  *Tokimonsta is on Flying Lotus' Brainfeeder Crew. She is ridiculously cool.



 
Here is an interview with Tokimonsta.
 

"Weirder is better" -Tokimonsta


5. James Blake - "Life Around Here" 2013  *There is an incredibly well written review of this album on Potholes In My Blog.

 
 
 

 These are pictures of James Blake I took at the Neptune Theater in Seattle on April 23, 2013.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment