Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ten Music Videos featuring Instrument Close-Ups

*You might find yourself wondering, why the hell would I want to watch ten music videos with instrument close-ups? Really these lists are just a way to put good music in a playlist (of sorts) without having to label them with a genre. It's all just good music, at least I think so.

1. Chromatics - "Cherry" 2012  *Chromatics are good, you should probably listen to them.



2. The Police - "Every Breath You Take" 1983  *I don't think I really appreciated The Police when my mom listened to them when I was a kid. I get it now.



3. Pretty Lights feat. Talib Kweli - "Around The Block" 2013  *I feel like a lot of people might really like this song. I think it's too in your face (or ear), like he wanted to try to create a big sound. I'm not sure what that really means, but, I do know that I'm not that into this song.



4. Gang Starr - "Jazz Thing" 1990  *From the Mo' Better Blues Soundtrack



5. Apollo Brown - "Time Passed Autumn" 2011  *For me this song/video is all about seeing the Phil Collins album in a frame. I prefer his "Tao Te Ching" song. This video is the weakest link of the ten, but, there is tough competition.



6. The Smiths - "This Charming Man" 1983  *The Smiths hang out in a dirty room and Morissey swings something around.



7. Player - "Baby Come Back" 1977  *Smoothed out jams on the classic rock tip.



8. New Order - "The Perfect Kiss" 1985  *It's always good to fit New Order videos in wherever possible. This video also has a cowbell.



9. Common - "Resurrection" 1995  *This is a great album.



10. Moby - "Porcelain" 2000  *There is a close-up of a piano keyboard, but, the video is one long close-up of someone's eye and presumably the stuff that they are seeing.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment