Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Jessie Ware

I'm having my own Jessie Ware Appreciation Day. Here is how I came to appreciate her.



I first heard her on the SBTRKT song "Right Thing To Do".


If you haven't heard the self-titled SBTRKT album from 2011, you are truly missing out.

 
Album Standout Track "Wildfire" featuring Yukimi Nagano of Little Dragon. (This video warns of the perils of dehydration)
 
 
A few years pass and I come across her video for "If You're Never Gonna Move" or "110%" (depending on what country you're in). When I find a pop song I like, it always surprises me. I put it on the list Ten Music Videos featuring Reflections, on which I'm afraid its quality could be overlooked because of the sheer mass of videos I put on my blog.



I came across her ridiculously cute video for "Sweet Talk". The use of kids in the video reminded me that we may all be better off if we were able to approach relationships as children do. They don't think about any of the baggage the other person may have, it depends purely on whether or not you appreciate the person's company (this revelation is still under construction). It's a pretty great song, but, I don't love it yet.



I got her album Devotion from the library.




I then decided that I love the first 25 seconds of "Swan Song", the rest of the song is pretty good but manages to get cheesy at some point.



For today, at least, I am into Jessie Ware.

No comments:

Post a Comment